Data Science: The Details
What is a data scientist?
- Data scientists study and analyze vast amounts of data.
- They apply data to their field of expertise to draw conclusions and provide innovative solutions.
- Results are presented to constituents to facilitate real, impactful decisions.
Data science is one of the fastest-growing fields in the US.
- $100,000 average salary*
- 22% increase in available jobs over the next decade*
*Source: Lightcast Q3 2022 Data Set | www.economicmodeling.com
Benefits of a Career in Data Science
- Well-paid, growing field
- Remote work possible
- Work in many areas (business, government, education, science, health care, engineering, etc.)
- Several paths to career credentials
- Novelty: field is changing and growing
- Tech degree not required for Truman programs